How long does it take to design and print invitations?
On average, a wedding invitation package can take between 4-6 weeks for design, and production takes an additional 7-10 days, depending on the components and how much assembly is required.
When should we mail our invitations?
- Wedding Invitations: I recommend that invitations be in the mail about 8-12 weeks before your event, since you'll want RSVPs to be returned approximately 4 weeks before your wedding. Canada Post recommends invitations be mailed no later than 8 weeks before your wedding.
- Save-the-Dates: should be sent between 4 months to 1 year in advance of your wedding
- Bridal Shower Invitations: should be received no more than 4 weeks before the event
- Baptism/Holy Communion Invitations: should be received no more than 4 weeks before the event
- Thank You Cards: should be sent no later than 4-8 weeks after your event. For weddings, it is acceptable to send them within 1 year after your wedding.
Can you give me an idea of price?
Price depends on many factors: quantity, size, embellishments, stock/paper, personalization, number of components, etc... On average, Ptashka wedding invitations range between $5-$12 per unit (based on 100 invitations). After a consultation, I will provide you a quote that outlines my design fee, the cost of production, and any extras you may require.
Do you only work with Ukrainians?
Absolutely not!! I welcome clients of all ethnicities.
How do you print your invitations?
Most Ptashka Occasions invitations are printed digitally in Toronto. This is a cost-effective printing method for small-run invitations and allows the most flexibility for colour and variations (for example, dual languages). I have an extensive background in print production methods and relationships with several local printers and can advise on the best print method to suit your needs and budget.
We need some invitations in English and some in Ukrainian - is there an extra cost for printing two languages?
Not typically. If your invitations are being printed digitally, there is no extra set-up cost for a second language.
Do you know where can I get a korovai, icons and rushnyky for my wedding?
Sure! Visit my RESOURCES page for a list of everything you need for your Ukrainian wedding, including links to Real Weddings that can help inspire your event.
Where are you located?
The Ptashka studio is located in Toronto's west end, although I work with clients across Canada and the US as well. Studio hours are by appointment only - please contact us to book a consultation.